Ahead of the Checkatrade Trophy final between Oxford United and Coventry City on April 2, Chiltern Railways has released advice for fans travelling to the event by rail.
Fans are asked to use Oxford Parkway station from where the company will provide additional special trains and lengthened services that will run direct to Wembley before and after the game.
Justin Baines, Commercial Director at Chiltern Railways said: “It’s the second year running that we’ve seen Oxford United at Wembley and it will no doubt be an exciting event. To help get everyone to the event quickly and easily we’ve added extra capacity to the services that will transport fans to and from Wembley Stadium station.”
KEY TRAVEL ADVICE
· Where possible please use Oxford Parkway station. There will be more trains from this station than from Oxford city centre. Oxford Parkway is easily accessed from the A34, A44 and M40 with around 800 parking spaces. It is also well served by bus routes and has cycle parking facilities.
· High-capacity trains from Oxford Parkway to Wembley Stadium Station will depart at 07.49, 08.16, 08.46, 09.08, 09.39, 09.56, 10.14, 10.25, 10.40, 11.08, 11.13, 11.43, 12.14, 12.44 and 13.15.
· Those travelling from the Bicester area are advised to travel from Bicester North, which has ample parking.
· Queuing systems will be in operation at key stations, please arrive early for your train.
· Ideally please purchase your train ticket ahead of time. Tickets can be bought from any railway station, or via the website or app.
Additional travel information can be found at www.chilternrailways.co.uk/news.